Capture high-resolution images and full HD 1080p video with the compact black EOS M3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens. The M3 features a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 6 Image Processor to with an ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 12800, expandable up to 25600. An intuitive 3.0″ 1,040k-dot touchscreen LCD allows you to focus and shoot an image with a single tap on the screen. The touchscreen has a ClearView II coating and tilts up 180° and down 45°, making it easy to compose and shoot selfies as well as low-angle shots.
The M3 features an advanced Hybrid CMOS AF III autofocus system which focuses up to 6.1x faster than the EOS M in part due to the 49 phase-detect points that cover 80% of the vertical frame and 70% of the horizontal frame. Creative assist allows you to preview camera adjustments in real time, letting you save and share your chosen settings. Additionally, a front dial and an exposure compensation dial permit full manual control over the camera’s settings. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make sending and sharing your images an easy task.
The included EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 29-88mm. An STM stepping AF motor provides smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video recording. An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to compensate for up to 4 stops of camera shake. The lens accepts 52mm filters, and employs a 7-blade diaphragm.
- Sensor and Image Processor
- High resolution 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and high performance DIGIC 6 image processor combine to provide fast AF, exceptional image quality, and sharp detail in both photo and video.
- Full HD 1080p Movies
- Shoot full HD 1080p movies at 24, 25, or 30 fps with stereo audio when using an external microphone utilizing the 3.5mm input jack. Manual Movie mode gives you full control over the video recording by adjusting shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
- ISO Sensitivity
- ISO sensitivity on the M3 ranges from 100-12800, but expands to 25600 for faster shutter speeds and sharper details in low light.
- Hybrid CMOS AF III
- A combination of both Contrast AF and Phase Detect AF increases accuracy and auto-focus speed in both photo and video.
- Manual Focus
- When focusing manually, you can magnify any point on the LCD screen 5x or 10x, and the focal point can be confirmed with the on-screen focus peaking.
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Touchscreen Tilting LCD
- The 3.0″ Clear View II LCD monitor keeps glare to a minimum and makes it easy to see images even in bright light. The 1,040k-dot resolution is ideal for playback and focusing, and the smudge-resistant coating on the LCD reduces the appearance of fingerprints. Numerous camera operations can be handled by the touchscreen including touch AF control, whereby you touch the LCD screen on the part of the image you want in focus. The LCD has an adjustable five-level brightness control, a viewing angle of 170°, and an aspect ratio of 3:2.
- Noise Reduction
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction preserves fine detail in photos at high ISO speeds. With MSNR activated, the camera takes four consecutive shots of the same image, then merges and aligns them, reducing noise and blur.
- Continuous Shooting and Burst Rate
- The M3 can shoot up to 4.2 frames per second for up to 1,000 JPEG images or 5 RAW images.
- Advanced Imaging Features
- The M3 features shooting modes that allow photographers to take advantage of digital advancements to improve their shooting results. Scene Intelligent Auto mode for stills and video optimizes all of the camera’s auto controls to provide the best settings based on the camera’s reading of the scene. The EOS-M also offers 8 Creative Filters to enhance your images, including HDR, Fish-Eye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Miniature Effect (Stills and Movie), Toy Camera Effect, Soft Focus, and Grainy B/W.
- Hot Shoe and Built-In Flash
- The built-in pop-up flash features a guide number of 16.4′ (5m) at ISO 100 and covers up to an 18mm focal length. The flash has a recycle time of 3 seconds and can sync up to 1/200 sec. An integrated E-TTL II-compatible hot shoe enables the addition of an external flash or trigger.
- Dust Deletion Feature
- A self-cleaning sensor removes dust on the low-pass filter. It is executed automatically when the camera is powered on or off.