A pocketable point-and-shoot with versatile zoom lens, the black PowerShot ELPH 190 IS Digital Camera from Canon is a sleek, convenient camera featuring a 20.0MP 1/2.3″ CCD sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor. The sensor and processor combine to afford notable image quality and sensitivity to ISO 1600, as well as the ability to record HD 720p videos at 25 fps. A 10x optical zoom lens permits working with a variety of subjects, ranging from near to far, and an Intelligent IS image stabilization system compensates for the effects of camera shake to produce sharper handheld photos. A 2.7″ 230k-dot LCD monitor is available for composing your shots and reviewing imagery, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for wireless transferring of photos and movies to mobile devices. Rounding out the ELPH 190 IS’ feature-set, the camera also sports a Smart AUTO mode for intelligently selecting exposure settings, Scene Modes to creatively affect the look of images, ECO Mode to save on battery life, and a dedicated Help Button for learning more about the specific camera controls.
- 20.0MP 1/2.3″ CCD image sensor pairs with the DIGIC 4+ image processor to realize notable image clarity and sensitivity to ISO 1600 to support working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, the sensor and processor combine to provide a 2.2 fps continuous shooting rate as well as HD 720p video recording at 25 fps.
- A versatile 10x optical zoom lens offers a 24-240mm equivalent focal length range, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives. This broad reach is complemented by a versatile Intelligent IS image stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for both stills and video shooting:
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernible when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera Connect app. A dedicated Wi-Fi button is also featured on the camera body to expedite the process of connecting with a smartphone or tablet and sharing imagery between devices.
- A 2.7″ 230k-dot rear LCD monitor is available for composing imagery, navigating the menu, or reviewing photos and videos.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on recognized shooting situations.
- A variety of Shooting Modes can be used to optimize the camera’s settings based on a specific scene type you are working in, including Low Light, Portrait, and Fireworks modes.
- Scene Modes, such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, and Monochrome, help to creatively adjust the look of your photographs in-camera.
- ECO Mode intelligently reduces your power consumption, aiding in producing longer battery life for more shooting time.
- For quickly familiarizing oneself with the camera, a Help Button provides a convenient explanation of the various camera settings and controls.