Fully tested and operational. Comes with everything shown.
Fully compatible with the latest Nikon digital and film SLR cameras, the SB-800 is currently the most advanced flash in the Speedlight range. As a replacement for the SB-80DX, the SB-800 shares the same specs, but now also features i-TTL control as part of the new Creative Lighting System (CLS), being introduced with the D2H digital SLR camera.
The i-TTL system supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to four groups of Speedlights, with 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled through the master SB-800. i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash flash control employs Nikon’s new Advanced Data Communication system to introduce an improved method for the monitor pre-flash and wireless operation that marks an evolution in higher precision over Nikon’s acclaimed D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash control system and forms the core of the new Creative Lighting System.
NOTE: Requires SC-28 or SC-29 cables to maintain all i-TTL functions when used off-camera with D2H & D70 (or newer) camera.
- Multiple Flash Exposure Modes
- i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon Nikon D2H & D70
- D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D1 series or D100
- TTL Auto Flash with many film SLRs, including the Nikon F5, F100, N80 (F80), N75 (F75), N65 (F65) and FM3A
- [AA] Auto Aperture Flash
- [A] Auto Aperture Flash with many film SLRs, including the Nikon N55 (F55) and FM10
- [M] Manual Flash
- Bounce Capability
- Flash head tilts down to -7 degree or up to 90 degree
Flash head rotates horizontally 180 degree to the left or 90 degree to the right
- Stroboscopic Effect
- Repeating flash for creating stroboscopic multiple-exposure effect
- Intelligent i-TTL system supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled through a master SB-800 or with the “Commander” function of the D70
- Mixed Exposure Modes
- Individual flash mode settings ([TTL], [AA], [A] and [M]) are available for each of the four groups (including master controller) for easy total lighting control based on the brightness of the subject and not simply on general output ratios for each group
- FV Lock
- Flash Value Lock allows photographers to change the composition or zoom for the shot while maintaining desired lighting of the subject
- Distance Priority Manual Flash Mode
- User can set the distance and aperture, and the SB-800 automatically sets the power output, a great feature for manual flash [M] shooting at weddings and for product shots
- Colored Gels
- Allows modification of flash output to match background scene, especially useful for digital cameras where “white balance” can be controlled. Included are Tungsten and Fluorescent adjustment filters.
- SD-800 Extra Battery Holder
- The included SD-800 makes it possible to add a fifth AA battery to the flash, thereby extending the capacity by about %20.
- Improved Safety
- Safety lock on flash shoe
- Large easily read illuminated LCD panel
- Standby Mode
- Adjustable standby mode can be varied from 40 to 300 seconds for conservation of battery power