The Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD MACRO Lens for Sony is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for Sony A-mount APS-C cameras that features a versatile 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-450mm. This provides users with an extremely wide-angle and super telephoto lens in one convenient package. Also, it has an aperture range from f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40 across the zoom range.
The 16-300mm is also capable of decent macro capabilities with a reproduction ratio of 1:2.9 when zoomed in to 300mm. This is due to a minimum focus distance of 15.3″. Also, for excellent image quality, numerous special glass elements are used in the lens design. There are one Hybrid Aspherical element, three Molded-Glass elements, two Low Dispersion elements, one Extra Refractive Index element, and one Ultra-Extra Refractive Index element.
For general use, there is a Piezo Drive autofocus system which is powered by a fast and quiet standing-wave ultrasonic motor. This allows you to quickly achieve focus for sharp images. And, included with the lens are a flower-shaped lens hood as well as front and rear lens caps.
- Enhanced support for contrast-detection autofocus and when using Live View modes. Also, this lens has full-time manual focusing capabilities
- Lens construction of 16 elements in 12 groups
- Angle of view of 82°12′ to 5°20′
- Uses 67mm threaded filters
- Seven diaphragm blades
- Moisture-resistant construction
- High quality lens coatings minimize ghosting and flares in order to provide sharp, high contrast images
- Aspherical elements work to correct spherical aberrations and limit distortion
- Low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in an image
- XR and UXR elements help to decrease the size of the lens, enabling this zoom lens to remain compact