Used Nikon D70 DSLR (body only). Camera is in good working condition. LCD screens work perfectly, all buttons and menus work correctly. **Uses a COMPACT FLASH card for memory**
— This camera was produced from 2004-2005 and is no longer eligible for repair * if * needed. Camera is in current working condition with NO known issues. —
Designed for a broad range of photographers from experienced and amateur photographers to beginners taking their first steps into digital SLR photography, the Nikon D70 offers tremendous value by incorporating many advanced features and innovations that make photography with the D70 faster, easier and better.
Built from ground up as a digital SLR, Its DX format 6.1-effective megapixel CCD sensor is optimized to deliver images with excellent sharpness and clarity, while an advanced system Large Scale Integrated Circuit (LSI) processor ensures images with vivid color, accurate white balance and minimized noise.
Nikon’s Dynamic Buffer technology allows the D70 to continuously take up to 144 pictures at a speed of three pictures per second. Additional features such as exclusive Digital Vari-Program modes, simultaneous compressed NEF (RAW) and JPEG writing capabilities, and i-TTL flash compatibility with sync speed of 1/500 second further cement the D70’s place as a clear leader in its class of cameras.
- 6.1 Megapixel CCD Sensor
- The D70 incorporates a next-generation 6.1-effective megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor that produces 3,008 x 2,000-pixel images, and is optimized to deliver a wide dynamic range and superbly sharp details.
- Advanced System Digital LSI
- Nikon programmed the D70’s advanced system LSI processor for improved performance to produce vivid colors and clarity, optimized auto white balance, auto tone and color control, and to run real-time processes that diminish digital noise in long exposure shots for cleaner overall results. The LSI and its double-path bus also maximizes system performance for faster processing of compressed Nikon Electronic Format (NEF) RAW files.
- Faster Processing
- Nikon’s D70 has been designed to offer faster operation at nearly every level of performance. The camera is ready to shoot the instant it is turned on, and shutter-lag time is unrivaled in its class.
- Dynamic Buffer Technology
- Faster image processing, increased memory card access speed and greater system bus bandwidth, the D70 can shoot a rapid three frames per second for a continuous burst of up to 144 pictures (JPEG NORMAL with SanDisk Ultra II CF card). Automatic image rotation within the camera further ensures that images taken with the D70 are ready to be shared immediately.
- Seven Digital Vari-Program Modes
- The D70 combines versatile personal control and image enhancement options with seven new Digital Vari-Program selections for powerful automatic operation that helps you achieve great results with smooth gradations and rich tones, under even complex shooting conditions.
- Redesigned Menu
- The D70’s menus have been redesigned to offer quick access to the most often used features of the camera. Users have a choice of customizing their menu to display simple or advanced options, depending upon their skill level. A unique help button on the camera temporarily displays a short description for each of the 25 different custom settings featured in the D70.
- Nikon F-Mount and DX Nikkor Lenses
- The F-Mount will allow photographers to not only use high quality DX Nikkor lenses, but also maintain compatibility with all AF Nikkor lenses and the D70. Designed exclusively for Nikon’s D-series digital SLR cameras, DX Nikkor lenses are optimized to achieve outstanding center-to-edge-to-corner image quality.
- Revolutionary Built-in Speedlight with i-TTL
- The D70’s built-in speedlight automatically pops up and fires when natural lighting is inadequate or to add balanced Fill-Flash when there is strong backlighting, while the i-TTL technology improves the accuracy of fill-flash exposure and white balance. Furthermore, the D70 lets you shoot at synchronized speeds up to 1/500 second for great fill effects under brighter light conditions, and can also be used in Commander Mode to remotely control multiple wireless SB-600 and/or SB-800 Speedlights.