Inside a robust, metal housing are 10 lens elements in seven groups that are engineered to eliminate geometric distortions. On the outer barrel are clearly defined markings for depth of field, focus distance, and aperture settings. The lens’s aperture ring is adjustable in precise 1/3 steps and controls a 10-bladed iris for smooth out-of-focus regions within an image. Additionally, the focus ring features an ergonomic finger rest for increased speed and precision when turning it, and has a 90° rotation angle that helps prevent the user from accidentally bypassing the desired focus point.
This lens is also available in silver.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field and low-light performance
- Optimized for digital sensors, and produces an excellent flat image field
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coated lens system enhances image contrast and clarity
- Ergonomic finger rest on focusing ring for increased speed and precision
- Metal body for durability