The EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Lens from Canon is a wide-angle prime lens with a fast maximum aperture. It is ideal as an everyday lens and is very effective in low light conditions
The lens’ ring-type ultrasonic motor (USM), rear focusing system, and high-speed CPU–with optimized AF algorithms–ensure that you experience quick, quiet and precise autofocus action. Its circular eight-bladed diaphragm gives pleasing, soft background effects, and a Glass Molded (GMo) aspherical lens element minimizes aberrations and contributes to higher image quality out to the edges of the frame.
Adjust focus using either autofocus (AF), or full-time manual focus, without having to switch modes or change camera settings. Optical Image Stabilization (IS) gives up to 4 shutter speed stops of compensation against the blur caused by camera shake, providing clearer images when shooting in low light. A micro-stepping drive provides quieter operation and a low speed focus drive delivers optimal results when shooting video.
- Optical Image Stabilization (IS)
- Canon’s optical Image Stabilization provides four stops of effective shutter speed compensation for camera shake, and can detect normal shooting or panning and automatically switch to the optimal IS mode. This means you can shoot in dimmer conditions, capturing images with shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible.
- Glass Molded Aspherical Element (GMo)
- A single Glass Molded (GMo) aspherical lens element achieves high image quality with improved performance in the edges of the lens.
- Rear Focusing & Ultrasonic Motor (USM)
- A ring-type USM, high-speed CPU with optimized AF algorithms, and rear-focusing system combine to enable silent and fast autofocusing to help you focus right on the action.
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- With this lens, you have access to full-time manual focus for manual adjustment even while in AF mode.
- Micro‐Stepping Drive Aperture
- The construction of the aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter operation during each shot.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.48″
- This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.48″ (24 cm).
- 8x Circular Diaphragm Blades
- With eight circular blades, the lens’ diaphragm delivers very pleasant, soft bokeh background effects.