The Hoya 67mm Solas IRND 0.6 Filter is an ND filter with a 4x filter factor that provides a 2 stop exposure reduction. Its 0.6 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters are intended to not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible light and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors’ greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times.
This filter is non-coated and is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity.
- 0.6 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 2 stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Attenuates infrared light to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity.
- Aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- 67mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.