Spanning a unique wide-angle to medium telephoto range, the Canon EF-mount 35-150mm f/2.8-4 Di VC OSD from Tamron is a flexible zoom characterized by its bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range and relatively compact, lightweight design for general use. The optical design employs both low dispersion glass and aspherical elements, which help to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and sharpness. Complementing the optics, an Optimized Silent Drive AF motor realizes near-silent, fast focusing performance while a Vibration Compensation system minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Wide to portrait-length zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 56-240mm.
- Bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range suits working in available light conditions and also offers depth of field control for isolating subject matter.
- Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity with reduced color fringing.
- Aspherical elements correct for spherical and comatic aberrations, as well as distortion, for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the zoom range, as well as a reduction of sagittal comatic flare.
- Optimized Silent Drive (OSD) motor, along with a Dual Micro-Processing Unit (MPU) system, realizes notably quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance and the lens offers a 1.5′ minimum focusing distance throughout the zoom range for working with close-up subjects.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization is incorporated into the lens’ design to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in low-light conditions.